Image hosted by Photobucket.com

* starring *

chris

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your paths straight." Prov 3:5-6

child of God
glory YFer
090187
Officially TWO-O!

* announcements *

YF
Every Fri
6.30pm
All youths from 13 to 23 years of schooling age are invited.

Church Camp
June 2007

JUMP Fellowship
1st & 3rd Saturdays
4-6pm

* blabbers *

* stars ago *

September 2004
November 2004
December 2004
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007

* starry friends *

muah hah hah!
sunflower
absolutely random
fly me to the moon
mr. incredible
underwater babe
forcemajeure

* prayer request *

long term
1. me to continue to grow in the Lord.
2. me to be a shining light; good testimony to all those around me.

short term
1. consistent in doing QT in the morning.

* wishes upon *
* the stars *

Personalised Sling Bag
New Specs
Briks
Cross Necklace
Not growing old so soon!

all i need is...
CONTENTMENT.

* bible verse *

"We demolish arguement and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowlegde of God, and we take captive every thought to make obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

* starry links *

christian
ACTI
glory church
grace to you
bible gateway
2 timothy 2-2
precepts ministries
moriel ministries
OMF Singapore
world harvest mission
Jesus music oldies
waterbrook press
A place for the God-hungry

tv
survivor 11
(all new!)

amazing race 8
(all new!)

channel 8
channel 5
channel u

mails
GMail
hotmail
yahoo

search engines
google
clusty

misc
friendster
tickle
photobucket
acma books
blogger

schools
ngee ann
zhenghua sec
zhenghua pri

KTV
K Box
Party World

* previously *

Interesting questions...
doing the impossible.... in dreams!
true happiness...
previous entries!
games, games and more games!
stiff neck...
New baby cousin on Mothers' Day!
lack of sleep
05.05.05
acmabooks

* Wednesday, May 18, 2005 *

it's my life

back in pasir ris. went out for dinner with my parents.

i used to hate it when i was younger. i didn't understand why my parents are different from other's... why can't they speak? why can't they hear? why can't they understand what i want? why must i explain things they don't understand to them? why must i make calls to people whom i don't know for them? why??? i will never be able to write down all the questions i used to have in my mind constantly. it was a period of denial. i wanted to get away. pretended not know them even.

i wanted to be someone special... not someone different.

whenever we go to crowded places, people would fix their gaze on us when we converse in sign language. i would notice that very second and would stop signing immediately. i felt discriminated. i felt out of place. i wished that i was non-existent. sometimes i just feel like screaming "stop staring!" in their face... but i was defeated before i fought. stares make me feel uncomfortable. they make me insecure. they make me as though i am nothing.

i wanted to be someone really special... not someone different.

i made it up in school. nobody knew about my parents. none of my friends nor my teachers. in primary school, i made a name for myself by making all the way to the top - being the head prefect, the chairperson of my class and the chairperson for ALL my CCAs (i had 5 then.) i felt good. i felt important. i felt wanted and appreciated. most importantly, i felt special.

i thought i had everything in my hands. but i wasn't happy. it wasn't true happiness. i felt empty. God was just at the back of my mind. He was someone who would only be remembered on Sundays. i grew up calling myself a christian but i was never one. God was constantly knocking on my door but i never answered. i thought i don't need Him. but the fact is... i do.

reality is i do get more easily irritated when i'm with them. as i constantly try to translate in my mind. as i constantly try to be in their conversation. as i constantly try to help them understand what i want to say. as i constantly try to answer all their questions. as i become the 'spokeperson' for them. when all i want is a peaceful meal.

i'm tired. but at least i know i can fall back on Him and not worry.
through these long years, He had helped me learn to accept who i am, not to be bothered much about what others would think or say (notice the emphasis was on 'much'!) and not to lament on what i do not have, instead rejoice and make full use of what God has given me. i'm still learning... taking a step at a time.

i see my little bro going through this stage now. he must be feeling helpless since i'm not around most of the time. but i had no one to 'share my burden' too when he wasn't born yet!

i need to get some sleep. soon.
can't imagine what it will be like if i have to stay here for the rest of my life.

please.
someone.
talk.
to.
me.


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com


at least i have them... to keep me company.

Labels:


chrissypoo wondered at 2:45 AM

* * * * * * * * *

Comments: Post a Comment
© chris 2005 a.k.a. chrissypoo